Nearly two in five Canadians say they have faced barriers to medical care*. With Kii Telemedicine, employees gain access to medical care that is simple, fast, easy and most importantly, effective. With no travel time or time in the waiting room, Kii telemedicine can help reduce absenteeism, which is a growing problem for employers.
We Provide A Full-Spectrum of Telemedicine
Services are delivered via live chat, phone or video using CloudMD’s proprietary, telemedicine platform:
- General Medical Advice
- Prescriptions – New and Refills
- Sick Notes, Lab Work Requests and Lab Results
- Referrals for Specialists
Connecting with Specialists and Paramedical Providers
We connect employees with the specialists they need, and we coordinate the care and check-in on all progress.
- Addiction Management
- Speech Therapy
- Weight Management
- Oncology navigation
- Caregiver coaching
- Diabetes counselling
- Lactation consultant
- Sleep assistance
Access a Robust Medical Care Team within Minutes
Direct access to a primary care team consisting of Licensed Practice Nurses (LPNs)/Registered Practical Nurses (RPNs), Nurse Practitioners (NPs).
- No triage agent or chatbot – talk to an experienced clinician within minutes who can help you.
- A detailed care plan which summarizes your next steps and provides relevant resources is ready for you the same day as your appointment.
- Your Nurse Care Coordinator will follow up with you after your visit to check in on you and your progress on the treatment plan.
Medical Second Opinion
Offers employees the answers they need to make the best decisions about their health.
- A second opinion on diagnosis and treatment
- Answers to questions about a medical condition
- Assistance understanding prescribed care and treatment options
- Support finding a specialist or treatment facility for the specific condition in Canada
- Help to navigate the healthcare system
- Finding relevant information about a medical issue
The Kii Difference
Exceptional Service & Choice in Access
Talk to a nurse within minutes via phone or web. Employees aren’t forced into a digital-only experience.
After months of procrastination, my eldest daughter convinced me to have a nasty mole on my back examined.I had been to my family. I played phone tag with my Physician’s office to get an appointment, so I decided to try my virtual healthcare provider CloudMD. I got a virtual consultation two hours later, the mole was viewed by the online physician using my cellphone, two days later I met a dermatologist who removed the mole. My personal experience with virtual healthcare was not only gratifying, it may have been life saving.
I’m a busy mom so my health always takes a back seat to the kids. I had a rash on my foot that I help delaying getting looked at and it started getting worse. I decided to give Kii a try and was surprised how quickly I was connected to a nurse. Within minutes I had sent her some photos from my phone of the rash, and she had a prescription sent right to my local pharmacy that I could pick up in an hour. It was such a time-saver.